Are you tired of the barren look of your yard? Do you want to do something about it but you do not know how to start? The best way to upgrade the look of your yard is to create a pea gravel patio.
The pea gravel patio is simply a landscaped area with a pea gravel layer that can be used to place chairs or to place potted plants. You can create a unique design for your pea gravel patio.
Why not get inspired by Japanese gardens? You can go as big as you want or a small as you want depending on how you want the pea gravel patio to look.
A step by step guide
- Firstly, you have to get measuring to find out how much pea gravel you would need and the other tools that you will use for your gravel patio.
- First, draft the shape of the pea gravel patio. If it is an irregularly shaped pea gravel patio, use a string to perfectly get the curves that you need.
- Once you have set the shape of the gravel patio, you will not need to remove all the weeds, vegetation rocks and others within the plot where the pea gravel patio will be set.
- This is important to level the soil and to get a leveled ground for the gravel patio project. You also need to slope the surface to the edges, away from the home. You do not want water to stagnate in the middle and you do not want the gravel to run and scatter all across the yard.
- Once you have done that, you need to place the edging around the perimeter of the pea gravel patio. Bricks can be used for this project. Make sure that you bought enough bricks for the project most especially for irregularly shaped spaces.
- Once you have secured the edging, you can now lay a layer of newspaper or landscape fabric. The purpose of the landscape fabric is to serve as a barrier to prevent the growth of weeds on the surface.
- Once you have placed the fabric, you cannot place the pea gravel on the pea gravel patio. Make sure that the gravel patio is leveled to the brick edging or is a bit lower to prevent over filling and scattering.
- Once you have done that you cannot place your seats a table. Decorate your gravel patio with some nice pergola and even place some potted plants. Decorate and arrange your pea gravel patio well. This can serve as your very own outdoor lounge and it can be a great space to accommodate guests, have some barbeque and others.
Some things you can benefit from regarding your patio
Instead of using rounded pea gravel, use coarser pea gravel. This will make the gravel hold on to each other in a more compact way.
You should also use different colors of pea gravel to great unique color ways for the pea gravel patio.
You can use yellow, red, beige, white and other colors that are available in your local home improvement store.